at the Old Museum
Thursday 5 July
Old Museum Concert Hall
Morning Music at the Old Museum features tuneful pieces specially chosen for mid-week listening in the Concert Hall of Brisbane’s historic Old Museum, now home to Queensland Youth Orchestras. Enjoy an hour or so of the finest music by the latest generation of brilliant young Queensland musicians.
A delightful program of instrumental and vocal soloists including:
- Xenia Puskarz Thomas, mezzo-soprano, songs by Gounod, Purcell, Wolf and Meyerbeer
- Julius Lynch, violin, Gershwin’s Preludes for Piano, transcribed for violin and piano by Heifetz
- Sophie Ellis, viola, Brahms’ Viola Sonata No. 1, third and fourth movements
- Alex Huyghebaert, flute, own transcription of Paganini’s 24th Caprice
- Joshua Jones, cello, Shostakovich’s Cello Concerto No. 1, first movement
- Jarrad Linke, clarinet, Sophie Ellis, viola, & Hannah Pike, piano, Mozart’s ‘Kegelstatt’ Trio, third movement
Entry is $8 at the door. Booking available online at oldmuseum.org.
Limited parking available at adjacent RNA Showground for $13 and further away at King Street Parking (entry Machinery Street).
By bus to Old Museum (Please confirm bus timetables):
Bus 370 from Chermside Shopping Centre Interchange depart 9.50 a.m., alight Stop 7 Bowen Bridge Road
Bus 375 from Bardon Simpson’s Road depart 9.22 a.m., alight Stop 7 Bowen Bridge Road
Bus 321 from Toombul Shopping Centre Interchange depart 9.30 a.m., alight Stop 10 Gregory Terrace.